We have now enabled Registrations, If you want to participate in discussions please apply for Membership and get access instantly to post comments or discussions.
MBA VS PGDM: What is the difference between these two?
  • i am planning to do a PGDM in hospitality management from welingkars..distant learning..can you help me with the accreditation info..i contacted one of their experts they said its approved by DEC which will be taken over by UGC ..but for now i will get certificate of WEschool..is AICTE involved in this..just abit confused as u said accerditation plays an important role
  • If you do a DEC recognized Distance PGDM it is good enough.
  • ha ha I have both MBA and PGDM DEGREE.....
  • Sir how is ramaiah for doing mba ....
  • Do you mean MS Ramaiah Institute of Management? It offers PGDM not MBA. Ramaiah means there are other colleges also.
  • Okk bt sir they are also providing mba affilated to university of mysore .. sir i am talking about ramaiah institute of management study
  • Is ms ramaiya and ramaiya are different collages
  • Hw is saibalaji international institute of management
  • hello sir/ma'am ,
    I am pragati & i have done my graduation from mechanical branch .... now i want to do my further studies but due to some reason i have to do distance education
    Pl help me to choose b/w mba with operations or pdgm with operations ...
    Pl reply me ..... on pragati.dutta3@gmail.com
  • Hello,

I really want some suggestion on a 2 year PGDM course provided by AIMA. I am working professional with 6 years experience having only a Graduate degree.

Is this course relevant and has some value in Industry?

Will it help me to apply for the posts which has MBA required specifications.

Please help.
  • @alamkhan AIMA PGDM is DEC recognized and approved by AICTE, it is not a full time course it is a certificate course. If you are looking for distance you can go for it.
  • Hi Srikanth,

Good day.. My daughter wants to pursue pgpm in IBS, Mumbai. Is it a premier institute.. ? Please enlighten and also would appreciate information on other reputed institutes in India for MBA and PGPM. She has secured 60% in CMAT
  • @Suhasini Mam IBS Mumbai offers an autonomous PGPM certificate course, after IBS Hyderabad which offers MBA from Icfai University the IBS Mumbai campus is good. Icfai PGPM programmes are not approved by AICTE which monitors the technical and management education in India. Please be aware of that.
  • Hello,

I am planning to do my PG at Christ university(Bangalore). They are offering me a dual degree programme MBA-international business(FHWS-Germany) and PGDM(christ university). The cost of the programme is 10 Lakhs. Is it worth doing?
  • i want to distance mba can you plz suggest me sutaible collage
    i am from MAHARASHTRA
  • Thanks alot Srikanth for the response.

As I am a working professionla, it is not possible for me to do a regular MBA. I want to understand if the PGDM course from AIMA will make me eligible for the vacancies that has MBA has a minimum eligibility criteria.

Regards
  • @alamkhan By doing AIMA PGDM or Distance PGDM you gain knowledge and overview of management concepts. You need to search jobs on your own, because this being a distance course there is no campus placement or support for you.
  • Hello Sir,

I am Masters graduate,presently working in USA.I am a mechanical Engineer. I always was willing to pursue MBA.I was looking for a few options with distance learning. I wanted to know is it worth going for a PGDBA with Symbiosis Pune or is it better to search for some university affiliation for a MBA. Could you please suggest me on this. My present work experience is about 3 yrs..
  • Nice information Shrikanth. Most of students are very confused about such topics. This will clear their doubts 
  • Very Well explained Sir ...thanks a lot
  • srikanth krishna sir thank u so much for such a detailed information..
    I am presently pursuing company secretary professional level and I want to pursue an additional cpurse ..so I have options for pgdba or pgdib from symbiosis.. please suggest me what to pursue..u can tell me another options excepts these..
    thanks in anticipation..
  • thank you abhisheksarkar51
  • @shrikant krishna sir mba in hr from d.y.patil or mba in hr from itm? Which college will be better? Plz help me
  • Dear Srikanth,
    I am a diploma holder in Electronics and telecommunication.I have 7 years of experience working as a Design
    and Development engineer (Embedded software) in a reputed company.My question is that will PGDM course
    be held at par with an MBA or atleast at par with a B.E .Will it make me eligible for companies like TCS and infosys where  Graduation is must.I am thinking of doing a distance education course in IT project management from Welingkar institute of management,Since symbiosis institute no longer provides the course for diploma holder. 
  • Hi Srikanth Krishna ,

I am an software Engineer working in Reputed company from last 2.2 years and i want to do MBA in Operations Management. Can u plz explain me how it will be helpful for me if i choose this course.

I am trying to join in Symbiosis for PGDM OM course which is of 1 year weekend classes.How would this be helpful compared to Executive MBA which is of 30 months duration and also a weekend classes.

Which one has more weight age ?

Thanks
    Chetan
  • Hello sir,
    Just like u i've Also done btech CSE...from PTU in 2015 n working as a software developer from last 8 months...n now confused shuld i do MBA or not...n if i shuld then which course is gud i'm not clear with..MBA or PGDM n from which Institute or University?? And what will be its scope for my future in international IT World. And i hv another query as i don't want to leave my job right now so can i do MBA after a year or two?? Will it be ok or more will be beneficial..??? I really dont want to waste my time and money n mess up with my career. So need your guidance please. Waiting for ur reply. Thanks in advance.
  • @Nidhi Sotware Developer is definitely one of the cool jobs to have, it is better to continue with your JOB. Yes you can do MBA after working for 2-3 years. 
  • i m giving MHT CET & my result is on 29 march 2016.. i want to do mba in supply chain management or in material management or in logistic.. so which colg is good for this mba. 
  • Hi Srikanth,

I have got selected for IBS Hyderabad(offers MBA) and XIME(offers PGDM).
    Fees is not a problem for me but I need good exposure and placement opportunities(I am not a fresher).
    IBS is AICTE & UGC approved,where as XIME is only AICTE approved and not AIU so is it equivalent to MBA?
    In future i am planning to do CFA so which college would be more suitable for me?
    Could you please guide me on the same.

Regards,
    Bhagya
  • Hi,
    I've completed my graduation in 2014 Bt due to my health issues I couldn't attempt CAT or MAT Feb. Now I don't wanna waste my year.. I've got registered for May MAT, 2016. welingkar's fee is too high for me. Plz suggest me college that is AICTE n AIU approved. Is there any exam or eligibility criteria that can make me eligible for doing Ph.d after doing PGDM from any B-school other then AIU approved???
  • @RainaSingh Welingkar however doesn't accept MAT Score. Request you to fill this counselling form http://form.careermitra.com
  • I have just completed my b.com and would like to do mba in logistics and chain supply management with operations. Srikanth sir could you please suggest me few good institutes not charging high end fees.
    I personally want to go to bangalore but could also go to some other place. Currently i m residing in bhubaneswar.
    Thank you.
  • @Amitpatel94 Request you to fill this counselling form http://form.careermitra.com
  • Rural management /management...plz help me out..I got call from IIRM JAIPUR ...is rural management in marketing can get me a job in MNC
  • Sir, i need ur help . Like right now m pursuing my b.com(hons) 3rd yr frm du . Aftr my graduation i ll b preparing for upsc bt side by side i wnt to do my post graduation distance mba. If in any case i ll nt be able to clear upsc dn i may be opting for business as my profession, taking dat thing in mind which course would b bttr for me mba degree or diploma? I m so confusd plz guide me sir.
  • hi sir, this is urgent!!!!

x/xii/cgpa---85/75/6.69, cat2015/xat2016/iift2015-94/96.9/98.5(prepare in 2012-13 for mba then plan changed,  2015 

attempt given w/o prep due to civils)
    Engineer - 2012, 1 yr honda experience as a get(35K)
    , ma in political science and 2 yr fake experience(18K) in same field-

prepared for civils- cleared prelims twice 
    Selected in imt ghaziabad finance(calls iift,xlri bm/hr) 
    What should I do give gmat/gre or join imt- avg package -8lh with my profile or retake cat 2016 but that will make 

my profile more vulnerable than it is already now
    Later on want to settle in india 
    I have heard that within 2 yr of job u would repay ur loan and save around 15 lh rs easily
    I can get 720 score in gmat (though i don't much inclination for going abroad)
    My friends are saying that retaking cat will not solve my problem as my profile not suited to 

marketing,hr,operation(i don't wanted to do), and for finance i have to do cfa no matter from where i graduated-- i 

have no particular interest in any field as such
  • Can we do PHD programs if we have PGDM certificate ?
  • The main reason the Postgraduate courses are named as PGDM because is an institute autonomous body .and then conduct Management courses then such institutes a MBA degree.There are many  Government Recruitment for MBA and PGDM  Candidate.
  • Does Part Time PGDM has same value as full time PGDM. If suppose I do PGDM from SIBM Bangalore its a part time course. How can I compare with full time PGDM or MBA students? Because I am working, I can't leave my job for full time PGDM.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion