Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

MBA VS PGDM: What is the difference between these two?

Comments

• Hello sir...
    I have a query about pgdm course that..
    PGDM is a diploma of duration 2 years.. after this diploma can I get placement easily ??
    My 6 sem ia going on... After dat I wz wondering to do pgdm course plez suggest some colleges in bhopal....

A very thankful sir !!
  • Hello sir,

I am an Engineering graduate(2010 passed out).Presently I am working in Qatar. I am planning to do online MBA in Production & Operations Management.I shortlisted Amity,Wellinkar,Amity is offering MBA & later offering PGDBA.Both universities are fully online based.So which one should i go for?..pls suggest me other options also...Pls REPLY
  • @Sanju I don't want to misguide you by saying that you will get a placement easily by doing a PGDM. How can that be possible, whether you do MBA or PGDM placements are student specific and depends on the Business School where you study. Good B-Schools draw good no. of recruiters, you should put afford and write the management entrance exams such as a CAT or XAT and score well to join a good b-school.

• Thank you sir..Thank you very much.
  • Sir,One more doubt am having.Whats your suggestion on doing online PGDBA in Alliance University while compared to Welingkar.Actually am looking for Operations & Production Management.Welinkar is providing Operations Management & Alliance is providing Lean Operations Management(Excecutive Programme).Can you suggest me which one is more Production oriented...Either Lean Operations Or Operations Management?
  • edited December 2014
    @manhalmanzoor Welingkar's syllabus is quiet comprehensive it covers TQM, Project Management, Production, Planning and Control. Please visit https://www.welingkaronline.org/distance-learning-online/MBA-Operations-Management.aspx. I would suggest Welingkar because it is better than Alliance University in terms of reputation.

Other options means you can try for:

• Hi all 

My situation is like i have already joined MBA Finance in Anna univeristy chennai (Distance education) but my company is offering me PGDMBM- which is a Diploma in Business Management from Symbiosis university pune 

So can some some one suggest me whether should i continue MBA Finance in Anna Univ or this PGDMBM??

Whis is fruitful and which ll be helpful for my career ??
  • im doing pgdiploma in jute technology and management,from ijt,kolkata,i want to join mtech after dis...plz guide
  • i am planning to do a PGDM in hospitality management from welingkars..distant learning..can you help me with the accreditation info..i contacted one of their experts they said its approved by DEC which will be taken over by UGC ..but for now i will get certificate of WEschool..is AICTE involved in this..just abit confused as u said accerditation plays an important role
  • If you do a DEC recognized Distance PGDM it is good enough.
  • ha ha I have both MBA and PGDM DEGREE.....
  • Sir how is ramaiah for doing mba ....
  • Do you mean MS Ramaiah Institute of Management? It offers PGDM not MBA. Ramaiah means there are other colleges also.
  • Okk bt sir they are also providing mba affilated to university of mysore .. sir i am talking about ramaiah institute of management study
  • edited February 2015
    Is ms ramaiya and ramaiya are different collages
  • Hw is saibalaji international institute of management
  • hello sir/ma'am ,
    I am pragati & i have done my graduation from mechanical branch .... now i want to do my further studies but due to some reason i have to do distance education
    Pl help me to choose b/w mba with operations or pdgm with operations ...
    Pl reply me ..... on pragati.dutta3@gmail.com
  • Hello,

I really want some suggestion on a 2 year PGDM course provided by AIMA. I am working professional with 6 years experience having only a Graduate degree.

Is this course relevant and has some value in Industry?

Will it help me to apply for the posts which has MBA required specifications.

Please help.
  • @alamkhan AIMA PGDM is DEC recognized and approved by AICTE, it is not a full time course it is a certificate course. If you are looking for distance you can go for it.
  • Hi Srikanth,

Good day.. My daughter wants to pursue pgpm in IBS, Mumbai. Is it a premier institute.. ? Please enlighten and also would appreciate information on other reputed institutes in India for MBA and PGPM. She has secured 60% in CMAT
  • @Suhasini Mam IBS Mumbai offers an autonomous PGPM certificate course, after IBS Hyderabad which offers MBA from Icfai University the IBS Mumbai campus is good. Icfai PGPM programmes are not approved by AICTE which monitors the technical and management education in India. Please be aware of that.
  • Hello,

I am planning to do my PG at Christ university(Bangalore). They are offering me a dual degree programme MBA-international business(FHWS-Germany) and PGDM(christ university). The cost of the programme is 10 Lakhs. Is it worth doing?
  • i want to distance mba can you plz suggest me sutaible collage
    i am from MAHARASHTRA
  • Thanks alot Srikanth for the response.

As I am a working professionla, it is not possible for me to do a regular MBA. I want to understand if the PGDM course from AIMA will make me eligible for the vacancies that has MBA has a minimum eligibility criteria.

Regards
  • @alamkhan By doing AIMA PGDM or Distance PGDM you gain knowledge and overview of management concepts. You need to search jobs on your own, because this being a distance course there is no campus placement or support for you.
  • Hello Sir,

I am Masters graduate,presently working in USA.I am a mechanical Engineer. I always was willing to pursue MBA.I was looking for a few options with distance learning. I wanted to know is it worth going for a PGDBA with Symbiosis Pune or is it better to search for some university affiliation for a MBA. Could you please suggest me on this. My present work experience is about 3 yrs..
  • Nice information Shrikanth. Most of students are very confused about such topics. This will clear their doubts 

Leave a Comment