Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to get admission in top mba colleges in india?

edited December 2014 in MBA
What is the best way and approach to get admission in some of the reputed Business Schools in India. I mean which entrance exams should one take? What academic background is preferred etc?

Comments

• edited September 5
    To get admission in top mba colleges in India, one must prepare for competitive management entrance exams such as CAT, SNAP, XAT, CMAT. Top colleges such as the IIMs use only CAT & GMAT scores they wont accept any other tests, similarly SNAP is used by Symbiosis Institutes.

Preparing for the entrance exam is one step, the academic profile needs to be good. Consistent academic record from Class X till Graduation is mandatory. Work experience also has weightage, a min of 2-3 years work experience will help alot. Extra curricular activities will add value.

There will be selection procedure which is unique and different for each Business School. Most Business Schools conduct Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) few business schools may also conduct another written aptitude test.

Any academic background is fine.

For MBA or PGDM Admissions Guidance submit the counselling form below.

• edited February 2015
    To get admission in any of the B schools you need to clear the Entrance exam of the respective college or clear the common entrance exams like (CMAT,XAT,CET etc). There are many colleges which conduct their own entrance exams. Recently I have heard Glocal University are taking in applications for MBA. I have also filled my form this year.
  • edited February 2015
    Apply for GAT “Glocal Admission Test” to get admission in one of the best B-school in North India. Entry into the MBA programme of the School requires aspirants to take an admission test, called as “Glocal Admission Test (GAT) for MBA. We prefer academic background of the candidate to have a Bachelor's Degree, with an aggregate of 50% or equivalent CPGA from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Candidates who have applied for CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT Score (Upto 20% of Seats): For CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT Merit: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th class).Merit of CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT score to be announced (on Glocal website) after the declaration of CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT results.
  • Try to score well in CAT, XAT, etc. Or you can fill forms for private college like Symbiosis, SRM, UPES, etc. If in case you prefer domain focused MBA instead of conventional streams, then I would suggest UPES. They have a wide range of streams and good placements,  you can check their website for that matter. They are conducting a separate entrance test for that as UPESMET, last date for application is 31st May. Apply for it asap.

Leave a Comment