Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

MBA VS PGDM: What is the difference between these two?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    @faizykhan4727 Technically speaking if you qualify for CMAT that is good enough to get admission in ITM Bangalore. Mind that ITM Bangalore doesn't have MBA programme it is an autonomous AICTE approved business school which offers PGDM programme.

If you require assistance about choosing a good business school in Bangalore, submit a counselling request we will guide you.Visit MBA Admissions guidance
  • @mba_query1: Narsee Monjee's Bangalore & Hyderabad campuses are new. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Mumbai is a top business school. There are colleges which offer University MBA as well as autonomous AICTE approved MBA courses.

Send your details to MBA Admissions guidance, we will contact you!
  • thnk u soooo much, nw i'm sure to go for further studies related management as i knw d diff...    
  • hey...can help me as i want to do my own business which is best for me from this two courses ? reply ASAP plz 
  • i am taking admission in iipm,,,,,,am i taking a right decision or wrong
    plz help me
  • edited September 2017
    IIPM is a subject of controversy as the Institute doesn't have necessary approvals to run their courses. IIPM is not under UGC nor it is affiliated to AICTE. The credibility of their courses are a concern.

• hi sir,
            can you please tell which colleges are good for pgdm programs apart from IIM's ...please give the list..and as per present scenario which mba programs have future scope and growth.i have particular interest in 'international business' and 'finance& banking'..can you please tell me the positives and con's of the programs in detail?
  • edited August 2017
    Apart from IIMs the below business schools are good. Marketing, Finance will always have great potential to get jobs.

RankBusiness School
    01Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad
    02Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi
    03XLRI Jamshedpur
    04SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
    05Shailesh J Mehta School of Management – IIT Bombay, Mumbai
    06Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi
    07Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
    08Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
    09National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
    10Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai

• edited November 2013
    Dear Srikanth sir,

My question that ..
    1. At present what a guy with BCA as graduation degree should take..mba or pgdm? 
    2. If PGDM then which college i choose, or for MBA which one..
    3 .Want to pursue distance education in same, guide me in best possible way.

Reply me ASAP... 
  • For distance education you go for MBA from any UGC recognized University. Try out in Symbiosis University Pune.
  • Hi Srikanth Sir,

I did go through your advices and found it really helpful. I have a question for you as i am in a great dilemma. I have an experience of 5-6 years in international bpo's. I am looking for a good diploma/ degree from a good b school which can atleast provide me a good placement at a decent salary. I did my graduation from Delhi University in BA Pass with 39% marks. Can i appear for CAT or MAT and if i do, will i be eligible to do any diploma/degree courses in a good b school, which can further secure me a good job offer with a decent salary and help me secure my future. Thanks a bunch for all your help sir.

God bless you.
  • edited September 2017
    Unfortunate for you that your graduation percentage is quite low, most Business Schools in India ask for 50% marks in Graduation. 45% is enough for reserved category like SC / ST but 39% is way below that. As you have already worked for 5-6 Yrs look for better jobs in your field or in any field where you are confident to work. It is better than spending some X amount of money and wasting 1 or 2 years. Go ahead and explore careers in Operations Management, Business Development, HR, Team lead positions etc. For this Management & Leadership skills are required MBA / Degrees doesn't matter.

All the best!

For 45% and above in graduation, there is a way I can help to do a Full Time PGDM or MBA. Leave a Query https://www.careermitra.com/pages/mba-pgdm-guidance.html
  • I scored 49.5% in my graduation in economics hons. Want to pursue MBA. What should i do??
  • edited September 2017
    @Deeps: A min of 50% aggregate marks in Graduation is required to pursue a full time AICTE recognized course. In case if you have any reservations (OBC / SC / ST) 45% marks will do. Where would you like to do your MBA also matters. You have any particular college or preferred city?

For 45% and above in graduation, there is a way I can help to do a Full Time PGDM or MBA. Leave a Query https://www.careermitra.com/pages/mba-pgdm-guidance.html
  • Thanks a lot Shrikant, this is a perfect answer to clear my confusion regarding MBA and PGDM.
  • edited September 2017
    I have completed my PGDBF from Manipal school of banking, and I am currently employed as an officer in Bank of Baroda. My query is. should I pursue MBA (distance from ICFAI) for my post graduation or PGD is good enough? would it make any impact on my resume? Is it equivalent? Or should I go for MCom or MA something...?
  • sir i am in my final year of btech and i want to do MBA.....
    plz provide me details about GBO Programme of Shree Ram College Of Commerse
    Is GBO programme is a mba or pgdm or diploma??
    And plz also tell me about college is good or not?
  • Hi Srikanth my % in graduation( Bcom Hons) is below 50 so can u please tell me what are the options available for me now.. Can i still do Mba from a good regular college..
  • @tejas1606: Be on your current job, plan to grow with in the current organization instead of leaving what you have. Having a distance MBA on your CV will not make such great impact.
  • edited September 2017
    @Gud: Yes you can do in a regular MBA college if you have any reservation like OBC / SC / ST. Some university MBA programmes ask for 50% aggregate in core subjects alone not overall.

• edited February 2016
     I am in final year of btech and i want to do MBA.....
    plz provide me details about GBO Programme of Shree Ram College Of Commerse
    Is GBO programme is a mba or pgdm or diploma??
    And plz also tell me about college is good or not?

plz reply 
  • @RAVISH18: GBO from Shri Ram College of Commerce is a Post Graduate Diploma course, the course is affiliated to University of Delhi. The programme lays emphasis on Finance, Marketing or HR in a global perspective.

There will be a written test followed by GD, PI as a selection criteria. Keep no doubts about the programme and college it is worth your time & money. Do keep in mind that if your looking for MBA, this course is not an MBA programme it is a PG Diploma.

• edited December 2013
    but srikanth sir i think PGDM and GBO programme both are diploma course, can u tell me difference about PGDM and GBO programme?
    and plz tell me one more thing, is GBO programme beneficial after b.tech or not?   
  • @srikant : I m not at all leaving my current job. I just wish to further my education profile.

Now that i have done my PGDBF.. should i still go for MBA.. would it make a difference..

or shud i go for MCOM/CFA or something like that...
  • but srikanth sir i think PGDM and GBO programme both are diploma course, can u tell me difference about PGDM and GBO programme?
    and plz tell me one more thing, is GBO programme beneficial after b.tech or not? 
  • @tejas1606: PGDBF will limit your career in one particular sector that is Banking & Finance; in future if you wish to change job it will be most likely be in Banking sector again. To have access to more jobs you can go for MBA, that surely adds value, you are talking about Distance MBA it will have less value as compared to full time MBA. Sure you do a distance MBA it will help you, as I said it will help you but it won't create new jobs for you.
  • @RAVISH 18: PGDM is terminology used by Business Schools which run AICTE approved management course, that is a common convention. GBO is also something like that but this course is run under affiliation to Delhi University, it is a course designed by Shri Ram College & Delhi University; it lays emphasis on global business scenarios.
  • There are a lot of college that provide PGDM. As Mr. Srikanth said,  PGDM courses are more Industry relevant as compared to MBA courses.
    Go for Institutes like Welingkar. It will thoroughly expose you to real-life situations. And on priority, decide which field you want to pursue your MBA in

• Hi Srikanth,
    I am from gen category. Can I still do MBA from a good B school. I have always been a good student but due to some reason could not focus on my studies during graduation. 10TH - 86% & 12TH- 90%). I even got admission in DCAC college DU b.com hons but I went there for only 2 days... Please advice me how can I improve my educational qualifications. I also wanted to know if I could do FRM or credit analyst course.(Don't want to do anything which requires distance learning). At last if I none of the above mention options are available for me which course should I do?( Preferably Finance). And finally what is the scope and value of distance learning MBA courses and best college to do MBA via distance learning. Please help?
  • hii sir
    I enquired about a institue WLCI which is offering a UK based PGDBM.It has many branches all over India.I was looking for it.Plz suggest me.is it a good college.
    please reply asap..

Leave a Comment