Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is an ideal fee you should invest for your MBA / PGDM course?

edited February 2016 in MBA
Investing money in reputed Business Schools like IIMs, XLRIs, Symbiosis or any Tier 1 Business Schools is a fair choice and no one will have any complaints. Because in these schools your ROI (Return on Investment) is very good, what you invest you get it back in no time. The average placement salary is high as compared to average Business Schools.

The main question what could be ideal fee for normal Business Schools which are neither part of TIER 1 or TIER 2 Business Schools?

At present normal business schools fee structure is also very high making it hard for the student and parent to afford. On average most business schools have their fee at about Rs 500,000 and take it up to 10 Lakh for only the tuition fee. The hostel, food charges, miscellaneous charges all together add upto Rs 200,000 for tow years. 

Student should always look for these factors while investing in a Business School for MBA or PGDM.
  1. Faculty Profile
  2. Cost of Tuition Fee
  3. Actual list of companies who have visited the campus for placement, (normally colleges keep the list of recruiters where their students are working instead of keeping the companies who have visited the campus)
  4. Infrastructure
  5. Return on Investment
For normal Business Schools it is advisable that student should invest Max Rs 700,000 for the tuition fee. Beyond this it is unreasonable. Colleges don't give the actual average placement salary instead they give the best number possible.

For MBA or PGDM Admissions Guidance Visit http://form.careermitra.com/

Comments

• Hello everyone.The first criteria before choosing a PGDM and MBA college should be its curriculum and the affiliation as well.Then comes the fees structure.I have a cousin who will be taking admissions in ISM,Gurgaon. The college is AICTE approved.They offer 2 yrs PGDM courses in Finance, HR, Marketing, International Business and Supply Chain management.There 2 yrs fees is around 4.5 lakhs. The college has an active industry interface with successful corporate executives which help the students.Moreover most of there faculties are Phd holders because of which, the academics successfully meet the industry standards.For more details here is a help.http://ism.edu.in/index.php
  • Is the fee only criteria to choose between Business Schools, should we not worry about placements?
  • edited January 2015

• IN between 4.5 AND 6 LAKHS
  • Sir, i want to join mba this year so i have choosen ramaiah institute of management , mba affilated to university of mysore ,sir i want a suggestion from you is this a right collage
  • @hjas680 Avoid University of Mysore MBA programmes they are offered as outreach programme. Between please fill http://form.careermitra.com/ we will contact you for better guidance.
  • So sir this is not a regular degree mba of rims
  • Sir
    I want to take admission in skyline business school of Delhi..
    can you plz tell me is it a good college to study for MBA...
    plz guide me..
  • Sir hw is united world of business for mba...
  • SSK COLLEGE Correspondence courses are offered by various universities all over the country. In today’s competitive world, the growing need for management degrees has prompted several working professionals to pursue MBA Distance Education programs for their career progression.
  • Hello sir,
    I am doing my final year in B.Tech Information Technology....
    Got placed on-campus in CSC(Computer Science Corporation)....CTC is 3.40 L.p.a
    Got selected in LIBA(Loyola Inst. of Business Administration) for full-time PGDM...
    Fees there is...around 8.74 L....
    Please do advise me if I need to go for my job or continue with PGDM..??

Regards
  • @monica If you are keen of getting into management field you can go for LIBA, PGDM course or any management course is best understandable if you have prior organizational experience. You can join the job work for 3 years and think about MBA / PGDM. There are plenty of options at later stage like executive mba, distance mba / pgdm etc.
  • Hi, 
    Fee structure plays a vital role when one can start to looking for pgdm college. But there is not any specific range for PGDM fee structure. What's important is to look for following points while choosing a PGDM institute: 
    1. Is institute approved by AICTE?
    2. Placement Records
    3. Fee Structure
    4. Institute's Infrastructure
    5. Placement Recruiting Companies

If you're searching for a best institute for pgdm in Pune which is a best fit for above mentioned points, then MITCON Institute of management is the answer. They provide 2 year full time AICTE approved PGDM in Marketing, HR, Finance, General management with fees of Rs. 2.5 lakhs p.a.

• Depends from college to college if its IIM you can spend a good amount, well if its a fairly new college lesser known then you should be around 2.5-4 lakh
  • What are the disadvantages of aicte approved pgdm over mba which is affiliated to universities?? tell me in detail pls..

Leave a Comment