Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do I start preparing for the SSC CGL 2018?

Hello
The SSC CGL 2018 exam can be prepared by the following the below tips:

Start a strategic preparation, as now not just hard work but smart work is going to be your key to success. 
  1. For General Awareness section, read the regular newspaper, magazines such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan. You should be absolutely familiar and opinionated on the news in the last 6 to 7 months. Grab a General Awareness book to brush up your skills before the exam.
  2.  The first and foremost thing you need to do is that understand the SSC CGL syllabus and the pattern of the exam including all the 3 tiers. Download the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
  3. Make study plans. Make a plan for each subject and execute your plan consistently.
  4. Practice is the key, take as many mock tests as you can. It is always a good idea to attempt sample question papers and previous years’ question papers. Get the papers checked by your teacher and look for areas you need to improve. To ace the examination you need to answer fast and accurate.
  5. Give more preference to English and Quant section as these two are the most important sections of the exam but don’t ignore the GS portion completely.
  6. Revision is the only tool if you have any difficulty in a particular topic. if you don’t have more time for the revision make a chart of important formulae and tricks and hang it out in your study room’s wall.

Comments

• edited February 7

SSC CGL is one of the most famous exam among the aspirants across the nation. Any graduate candidate may apply for SSC CGL and this makes it tougher than other competitive exams.

SSC CGL Exam 2017 is approaching and it is the right time to fasten your seat belts. This is a very crucial time for candidates who are going to appear this Exam. Here are some points that you should keep in mind while start preparing for SSC CGL:

Selection Process: SSC CGL selection process is already revised in 2016 and now election process consists of 4 stages – Tier I, II, III & IV. The important points of this revised scheme of exam are:

• Both the Tier I & II are online tests.
    • Tier I will contain 100 questions for 200 marks with duration of 75 minutes.
    • No changes in Tier II marks or time limit.
    • Tier III is introduced from 2016 onwards. It is a descriptive paper on English or Hindi language for 100 marks.
    • Final merit list to be prepared based on the overall performance in Tier I, II & III
    • No sectional cutoffs, but should qualify in each tier separately.

Focus on Important Topics: List down Important Topics and make sure you study those topics and practice lot of questions. Some of the important topics in each section are listed below:

• Quantitative Aptitude: Triangle and it's properties (Trigonometry), Surds and Indices, Quadratic Equations & Quadratic Polynomials, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion.
    • Reasoning: Word Formation & Word Classification, Letter Repeating Series, Embedded Figures, Logical Games, Non- Verbal Series.
    • English: Reading Comprehension, Active- Passive Voice, Preposition & its usage, Tenses, Common Confusables.
    • General Awareness: Indian Constitution, Medieval Indian History, Indian Physical Geography, Indian Political System, National Income.

Try to focus on these topics and revise properly.

Go through Previous year Papers: This will give you a clear understanding of what type of questions asked this exam and help you to plan accordingly.

Leave a Comment