Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do I prepare for SSC CGL at home?

Hello
SSC CGL is one of the most sought-after gateways to enter in working machinery of Government of India. SSC through CGL Examination does recruitment for Group B (Non-Gazetted) posts. Now, as interview stage is removed from this examination, the Tier II (Maths & English) has become very crucial.

Some of the tips which will be helpful in the SSC CGL preparation at home are as below:
Proper knowledge of the SSC CGL syllabus will help you in the preparation in the right direction. You will get the knowledge about the exam pattern very well through this.The SSC CGL notification will give you the idea about the exam dates and other important aspects. 

Make a proper study plan: Organize your time, make a plan and then most importantly follow your plan. Give your time to each section of the exam and always try to give more time to the important topics of each subject.

Make short notes: While preparing for the exam always make short notes as it will become easy when you try to search for some specific topic during your preparation and it also helps you in exam time to revise your syllabus easily and quickly.

Develop a habit of reading an English newspaper daily. It will consume significant time initially but with time you will be comfortable reading the entire paper within an hour. This improves comprehension, sentence structure, unconsciously it helps in grammar as well.

Give the mock test regularly and analyze them to get good marks in SSC CGL result. You will definitely get the required information about the SSC CGL exam about the cutoff here.

Comments

• SSC CGL is one of the most sought after gateways to enter in working machinery of Government of India. SSC through CGL Examination does recruitment for Group B (Non Gazetted) posts. Now, as interview stage is removed from this examination, the Tier II (Arithmetic & English) has become very crucial.

I would say, it is easier for a working candidate to crack this exam as he/she will have a fix routine and job security. He/She can follow a disciplined study pattern because of a fixed routine.

More than 60% of my colleagues including me were working somewhere or the other before cracking SSC CGL.

Coaching classes for CGL is a big NO.

A candidate can easily clear it by preparing 2 to 3 hours daily for a minimum period of 6 months.

Here is the list of books with which anybody can easily clear SSC CGL

1. Mathematics - Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma (Arihant Publications) . One has to thoroughly complete it at least 4- 5 times.
    2. English - Plinth to Paramount Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Neetu Singh (KD Publication). 2 3 readings of the books would be sufficient.
    3. Previous Years Papers by Kiran Publications. Last 4 years papers would be sufficient.

As from August 2016, Tier I of CGL is going to be online but one should not be anxious about exam going online as SSC Tier I is more a test of common sense less of knowledge.

For Tier I, Maths and English parts will be covered by above mentioned books.

For Reasoning portion, no need to follow any book, just solve previous year Tier I Papers.

For General Studies portion, if one is in habit of reading newspapers over the years, there won’t be any problem. And even if one thinks, he is not that good in General Studies, he can refer to SSC General Studies by Arihant Publication. But, it should be the last option. Please don’t waste your precious time on preparing General Studies for SSC. Give as much focus as you can on Maths and English.

• edited April 12
    Well, it's a challenging task still you can prepare yourself for SSC jobs. Every cloud has a silver line and that's the thing you will have to grab. Going for SSC CGL is a good decision but preparing for it will make it better. To get prepared for SSC CGL exam at home, you need to get in touch with most important things related to exams such as:
    1. Official Notification
    2. Latest Updates
    3. Previous Year Papers with Detailed Solutions
    4. Exam Preparation Tips
    5. Online Test Series/ Live Classes
    To get in touch with all these educational stuff for SSC CGL, you need to keep visiting the official website and some other authorized web portals time to time. Except these, it will be great if you participate in some SSC CGL 2018 exam preparation tests. The mock tests available at WiFiStudy are really worth for the competitors. If you want to join some online coaching, online test series and/or free live classes, it is the unbeatable option. For regular preparation according to latest syllabus including all topics, do not forget to subscribe the WiFiStudy channel.

Leave a Comment